Saturday 5 June 2010

One Stop Crafts - Make your own DP

I really love the Vintage jumbo roller from Stampin' Up which I used for this background paper. I began by punching out some flower shapes and laying them on a piece of paper before spritzing it with Shimmer Mist in Antique Copper and then using the roller with Basic Gray ink.
I distressed the edges with a little Cats Eye ink in copper.
The French Script stamp is from Hero Arts and the butterfly is Anita's, which I stamped in SU Basic Gray ink and quickly embossed with clear embossing powder before colouring with Perfect Pearls in Antique Copper. The corners are my old faithful Cuttlebug!
I think that's it!
Enjoy your weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the background paper you have created.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow really love this that background is just stunning,and love the corner details too hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to create your own background and love your centre embellishment, the butterfly and script are just right. The corners - favourites of mine always look good. ikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissie

    This is brilliant and very elegant.

    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - fabulous card - love the background and the corner die = must have a look out for that = they really do finish the card off.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow another stunning card Chrissie. Hope you are well x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chrissie this is absolutely fantastic. Perfect in every way. Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the background, love the corners, love it all of course ;o)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card - I've been teaming that roller with butterfly embellies too. I can't stop using it I love it so much, I have been rolling it over my envelopes to use the excess ink.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous SU background, Chrissie. The whole card is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Job! I love all of the distressing techniques you used and the roller is very pretty--I thought it was vintage paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. gaynor67@msn.com21 June 2010 at 22:13

    hi chrissie,i love your cards could you tell me please how you do your corners ,is it a punch if so where could i get hold of one,your cards give me so many ideas,happy crafting x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie