Tuesday 13 May 2014

More Watercolour

This is the sketch from Stamplorations (reversed)

I have been trying a few more things with watercolour. Here I used a poppy head stamp from Clearly Besotted's Remember set which arrived today. I water-coloured it with Distress Inks.
I found it really rather restful to sit and paint away, I'll have to try a few more of these.
Simon Say Stamp Wednesday challenge - Flowers
Keep it Simple - Watercolour
This one was done with a Hero Arts watercolour stamp again using Distress Inks, with a little touch of Wink of Stella on the petals The sentiment is from Tattered Lace.
This one shows rather too much shimmer. It was water-coloured using some Perfect Pearls in the water.
The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp.

The last one was really difficult to photograph. I apologise for the dreadful picture, but I used some Perfect Pearls in the water for my watercolour paint and all I was getting was the sheen and no colour!The image was embossed with white fine detail embossing powder. The sentiment is from Lili of the Valley.

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards - looks like you've had fun with water colouring. I haven't had much time to practise!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Chrissie and the first one doesn't even look like you've used a stamp. I'm loving checking out all the watercolour creations. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these Chrissie, particularly the first one which is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful water coloring, Chrissie! I'm so impressed with all of your cards...they're so pretty!

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for leaving such a sweet comment about my card! I wanted to apologize for not using the correct theme/sentiment...what was I thinking?! I hope to have enough time to create a new one, as I always enjoy the LIM challenge...Thank you for all the hard work you put into it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your water color cards Chrissie... especially the first one. The poppy looks absolutely stunning. Love the softness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous cards!! Amazing work!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards!

    Greetings,
    Jerneja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your watercolor is beautiful! I love the peach color with the rich brown, gorgeous!!

    Tam http://cardmakingartists.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards, watercolors add so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Watercoloring is a little addicting wouldn't you agree. I love all your cards especially that first one with the pop of orange with the brown and white.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful cards Chrissie, I really like the poppy on the first card, It does'nt look like a stamped image.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards, but the first one is the best (in my opinion) you just captured the delicateness of the poppy! Great to see you playing with us at STAMPlorations. Come back next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cardmaking AND relaxation in one sitting - doesn't get any better than that. I love the simplicity of your poppy card. Just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. More great watercolour cards Chrissie. I agree so restful doing them too isn't it. The first poppy one looks amazing too! :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful watercolour Chrissie - poppies are my favourite! So glad you played along with Keep It Simple!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie